Forum Xamarin.Android
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Unable to get provider com.google.firebase.provider.FirebaseInitProvider

gotstuckgotstuck Member
edited September 17 in Xamarin.Android

I'm trying to implement push notifications through Azure Notification Hubs. I'm using Xamarin.Forms 4.8.0.1269 and Visual Studio 2019.

I've made all the configurations:

• Azure suscription;
  • Firebase configurations;
  • Created notification hub and all configurations;
  • Target Android version for the project is Android 9.0 (pie);
  • Added required NuGet packages;
  • Added the Google Services JSON File;
  • AndroidManifest.xml changed;
  • MainActivity changed to check for Google Play Services and stuff;
  • Added a FirebaseService class.

Then, when I run the app, after the splash screen I get this exception before any chance of debuggig.

Java.Lang.RuntimeException: 'Unable to get provider com.google.firebase.provider.FirebaseInitProvider: com.google.firebase.components.MissingDependencyException: Unsatisfied dependency for component Component<[class com.google.firebase.remoteconfig.RemoteConfigComponent]>{2, type=0, deps=[Dependency{anInterface=class com.google.firebase.FirebaseApp, type=required, direct=true}, Dependency{anInterface=class com.google.firebase.iid.FirebaseInstanceId, type=required, direct=true}, Dependency{anInterface=class com.google.firebase.abt.component.AbtComponent, type=required, direct=true}, Dependency{anInterface=class android.content.Context, type=required, direct=true}, Dependency{anInterface=interface com.google.firebase.analytics.connector.AnalyticsConnector, type=optional, direct=true}]}: class com.google.firebase.iid.FirebaseInstanceId'

Answers