Forum Xamarin.iOS
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

How can I disappear this post popup and automatically execute DidSelectPost() ?

I don't want to use the popup, because I use the share extension to pass to the "mother app" an url.

I would like to automatically, when you select the app at the moment to share something, it would do the functionallity of the DidSelectPost() method.

Can anyone help me ?

Answers

• JarvanJarvan Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    edited September 3

I don't want to use the popup, because I use the share extension to pass to the "mother app" an url.

Did you share the photo to your custom app? I tested the function with different applications, the effects are different. If you just want to share the photo to your application, try to use a photo picker to select the file from the application.

• JarvanJarvan Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

I tested the function with a share-extension application, the popup window appears. Here is a similar issue case, you could refer to:
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/51626406/how-to-just-launch-app-from-share-extension-without-post-popup-in-swift

• danielparedes97danielparedes97 Member ✭✭✭

Yes @Jarvan, I tried to only use ViewDidLoad() and DidSelectPost() empty, but the popup window continue appears.

• danielparedes97danielparedes97 Member ✭✭✭

@Jarvan I was able to execute the ViewDidLoad function without click on the POST button of the popup window, now I only need to disappear the popup window to complete the process.