I'm working desktop application with Xamarin.Mac.
I added ViewController to the storyboard from library. I expect Visual Studio to generate .designers.cs, but in reality I don't see the file.
What I did and got
- Opened the project in Visual Studio. From main.storyboard's context menu, Clicked Open from program > XCode Interface Builder.
- Dropped View Controller into the storyboard from library.
- Input "FooViewController" into Custom Class > Class of the ViewController I've dropped.
- Hit Command + S to save main.storyboard
- Focused on Visual Studio (I see a message like "Syncing change from XCode" on center top of the window but It's too fast to read completely. )
- Checked Solution Browser on Visual Studio. I don't see any file named "FooViewController.designer.cs" nor "ViewController.designer.cs".
- Checked Browser on XCode. I don't see any file named "FooViewController.h" nor "FooViewController.m".
Am I missing something?
Or is there any workaround?
Your advice would be much appreciated.
What I tried
- Made sure that I typed ViewController name into Class (not Tag).
- Made sure that I typed ViewController name into Class of the ViewController (not a View).
- Restarted XCode.
- Restarted Visual Studio.
- Looked for .h and .m file with Finder.
- Uninstalled Visual Studio 8.7 and installed Visual Studio 8.6.
- Uninstalled XCode and installed XCode 10.2
- Uninstalled Mac OS Catalina, Clean-Installed Mojave and recovered data from TimeMachine.
- Changed class name of the ViewController, saved the storyboard, Changed the class name again, saved again and Rebuilded the solution on Visual Studio(https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/7681/how-to-regenerate-a-view-controllers-designer-cs-file).
- Mac OS Mojave
- Visual Studio for Mac Community 8.6.8
- XCode 10.2.1