Forum Xamarin.Forms
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

[UWP] Rotating the ListView by '180' and setting FlowDirection to 'RightToLeft' scroll appears left.

I am developing a Chat application following this article: https://www.xamboy.com/2018/07/09/exploring-a-chat-ui-in-xamarin-forms-part-2/
As suggested, to bring the latest chats to the bottom and to always keep the first element of the list in the bottom, I have rotated the ListView and set Flow direction like this:

Rotation="180"
FlowDirection="RightToLeft"

The flow direction is set to have the scroll bar appear on the right after rotation, instead of appearing on the left. Yet, the scroll bar doesn't appear on the right in UWP and Android.

Best Answer

Answers

• Goutham_HasProblemsGoutham_HasProblems Member ✭✭✭

@Jarvan , your solution worked for me, but isn't setting
    FlowDirection="RightToLef"
    in the list ListView supposed to do the same? Why didn't that work?
    Now, when I use the mouse scroll button to scroll up, the list scrolls down? Could you help me with resolving this issue?

• JarvanJarvan Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    edited September 10

If you scroll the scroll bar, it'll work fine. Try to test the project on a physical device to check if it works fine.

• @Jarvan , the scroll bar works fine, and this UWP application is for a desktop and not for windows phones. So, the user will try to scroll with the scroll button as well right?