Forum Xamarin.Forms
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Get current value as string from Binding

ganesh96ganesh96 Member ✭✭✭

I'm trying to learn to work with local databases and more with Binding, so I my question might be strange.

I'm using a tutorial from Microsoft for understanding how to work with SQL Databases:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/xamarin/xamarin-forms/data-cloud/data/databases

The app in the tutorial is full of binding as you can see.
When I want to edit a new item in the list, the code does the following to go to the other page:

Now I want to show the name of the item in a displayalert on the next page, so I need to get the binding result of 'Name' as a string in the C# code.

How can I do this?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• ganesh96ganesh96 Member ✭✭✭

Thanks for the response,

Somehow, the next page keeps returning the first database name everytime I go to that page, while the list item I selected is something different.

• ganesh96ganesh96 Member ✭✭✭

Never mind: I made a mistake with changing the listview to ItemTapped, but I forgot to change the EventArgs with it.