Forum Xamarin.iOS

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

Xamarin IOS broken after updates

Ryn9011Ryn9011 Member ✭✭
edited August 2020 in Xamarin.iOS

Visual Studio recently did several updates, I'm assuming Xamarin IOS was one of them as now it's completely broken. I've installing older versions but that doesn't seem to fix anything. Not sure what else to try..
It's a Xamarin Forms project but the Android project seems to be unaffected by any of the updates

Best Answer

• Ryn9011Ryn9011 Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Thanks, I tried that but didn't work. I've sorted it now, I had to move all of that ios code into the ios project and reference it via an interface in the shared project.

Answers

• YelinzhYelinzh Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    edited August 2020

Visual Studio recently did several updates, I'm assuming Xamarin IOS was one of them as now it's completely broken.

Did you try to empty the bin and obj folder of the project? Try to update the nuget package to lastest statable version and test again.

• Ryn9011Ryn9011 Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Thanks, I tried that but didn't work. I've sorted it now, I had to move all of that ios code into the ios project and reference it via an interface in the shared project.