Forum Xamarin.Forms
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

How to show in webview the default site login prompt

johnny09johnny09 Member ✭✭

Hi. I wanted to know if it was possible to show the login prompt of a site that requires Windows authentication.
If I use a webview and point to the site, the denied login page is shown immediately.
I should then first enter my login credentials into the login prompt and then if correct display the home page.
Thank you.

Answers

• jezhjezh Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

I wanted to know if it was possible to show the login prompt of a site that requires Windows authentication.

WebView is a view for displaying web and HTML content in our app. The function you mentioned are based on the web page we want to load.

So, if we want to load the login page at the first time, then we could let the webview load the login page we need firstly.

• johnny09johnny09 Member ✭✭

So, if we want to load the login page at the first time, then we could let the webview load the login page we need firstly.

? What does it meaning? Any example? Sincerely is not much clear.
    There is no login page before. There is a URL that with a browser returns the default login prompt...

• nehasingh19380nehasingh19380 Member ✭✭

@johnny09 Going through the exact same issue, Were you able to resolve it?