Forum Xamarin.Android

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

Xamarin Android - Build failed after migration to AndroidX

I'm having build issue after migration to AndroidX. I encountered following error when build android project:

Error NU1107 Version conflict detected for Xamarin.Android.Support.Compat. Install/reference Xamarin.Android.Support.Compat 28.0.0.1 directly to project WhiteLabel.Mobile.App.Android to resolve this issue.
Project.Mobile.App.Android -> Xamarin.Essentials 1.2.0 -> Xamarin.Android.Support.Compat (>= 28.0.0.1)
Project.Mobile.App.Android -> CarouselView.FormsPlugin 5.2.0 -> Xamarin.Android.Support.v4 25.4.0.2 -> Xamarin.Android.Support.Compat (= 25.4.0.2). Project.Mobile.App.Android C:\mprojects\mproject-xamarin\Project.Mobile.App\Project.Mobile.App.Android\Project.Mobile.App.Android.csproj

I tried to resolve this with installing latest stable version of Xamarin.Android.Support.Compat package with version 28.0.0.3. However, install failed with rolling back package changes in xamarin android project. As of now, I still have no clues on how to fix this, does anyone has any ideas?

Microsoft Visual Studio Enterprise 2019 version 16.6.2
Compile using Android version (Target Framework): Android 10.0(Q)   
Minimum Android version: Android 7 (API level 24 - Nougat)
Target Android version: Android 10.0 (API Level 29 - Q)
Xamarin.Forms: 4.6.0.800
Xamarin.Android Sdk: 10.3.1.4
Xamarin.iOS: 13.18.2.1 

Answers

• AnubhavRanjanAnubhavRanjan INXamarin Team Xamurai

@WeiLoonWong Try removing the packages causing the issues first and then try upgrading.
    You can remove the package CarouselView.FormsPlugin 5.2.0 and then try upgrading the Xamarin.Essentials to latest version. Or even before that, you can update the Xamarin.Forms to the latest version.

Xamarin.Forms version has a direct dependency on the Xamarin.Android.Support packages.