Forum Xamarin.Forms
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Having issues with Xamarin.Essentials.SMS

Hi, I have come across an issue where when using XE SMS, if the user selects Facebook Messenger to send the created SMS message, the FBM app fails to load & the SMS fails to send. Is there a way to avoid giving the user an option on SMS client and go straight to the system default?

Thanks!
Pat

Best Answer

Answers

• PatrickFlaherty_IrePatrickFlaherty_Ire USMember ✭✭

Hi Jarvan

Thanks. I was using a much older version of Essentials. I guess that may have been an issue as other people have returned back to me saying that they are getting a choice, despite the fact they have a default SMS app. I have upgraded and I cant seem to replicate this issue so thank you for the help.

• PatrickFlaherty_IrePatrickFlaherty_Ire USMember ✭✭

Hi Jarvan, funny enough after the upgrade and ensuring the default app was set, it is still asking me to pick between 2...