Forum Xamarin.Forms
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Printerest like CollectionView renderer for iOS in Xamarin.Forms?

Ruvi1996Ruvi1996 Member ✭✭

After some research I could find the custom renderer for CollectionView in Android and it works great, but I couldn't find the equalant for iOS. Please help me create it for iOS. Thanks

Custom CollectionView for android:

[assembly: ExportRenderer(typeof(CollectionView), typeof(CustomCollectionViewRenderer))]
namespace App.Droid
{
    public class CustomCollectionViewRenderer : CollectionViewRenderer
    {
        public CustomCollectionViewRenderer(Context context) : base(context)
        {
        }

protected override void OnElementChanged(ElementChangedEventArgs<ItemsView> elementChangedEvent)
        {
            base.OnElementChanged(elementChangedEvent);

if (elementChangedEvent.NewElement != null)
            {
                StaggeredGridLayoutManager manager = new StaggeredGridLayoutManager(3, StaggeredGridLayoutManager.Vertical);
                SetLayoutManager(manager);
            }
        }
    }
}

Custom CollectionView for iOS: ??

Answers

• ColeXColeX Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Do you want Waterfall effect ?

Unfortunately , We can't do this on iOS ..

• Ruvi1996Ruvi1996 Member ✭✭

@ColeX Yes

This is the output I got from android custom renderer.

Why iOS why? :'(

• ColeXColeX Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    edited July 7

Try to customize the layout the collecitonview in custom renderer ,refer to here .

But per my experience , we can't be able to implement waterfall flow with CollectionView on iOS .