Forum Cross Platform with Xamarin
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

ScrollView on UWP: Mouse position not tracked correctly?

I noticed that my ScrollView on UWP does not seem to track mouse position correctly.
I make a long ScrollView using RequestedHeight="1000", and add a Checkbox.
If the ScrollView is scrolled, then the CheckBox tracks the mouse position at the unscrolled location.
Same problem with touch, coordinates are not translated to the scrolled location.
It works fine on Android.
What gives? Is there something I need to do for UWP specifically?
Thanks,
Lars

Best Answer

Answers

• larsvlarsv Member ✭✭

@JohnHardman said:
    @larsv

It's a known bug in XF 4.7 . See https://github.com/xamarin/Xamarin.Forms/issues/11106

There have been issues around ScrollView on UWP for a while. However, this one is a real humdinger. It makes XF 4.7.0.968 unusable for UWP apps IMHO. Apparently a fix has been checked in today, but no indication yet when it will be rolled out in a "stable" release.

I ended up downgrading XF to 4.5 again because of this bug.

Bummer. Thanks for the update.
    And good that it's getting fixed, pretty rapidly from the looks of it.
    I'm at a stage of development where I can afford to wait a few weeks before ScrollView becomes important, so I'll just be patient.