Forum Xamarin Xamarin.Forms

Custom context menu for ViewCell

2»

• AndreiMisiukevich_AndreiMisiukevich_ USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@Programmer hi. Unfortunately this nuget allows to imlement "swipeView" only.

• ProgrammerProgrammer Member ✭✭

@AndreiMisiukevich_ thank you for your response , so can you make this in future ?

@Programmer maybe :) Cannot promise

• ProgrammerProgrammer Member ✭✭

@AndreiMisiukevich_ Okay , thank you

• MichaelLopez.8911MichaelLopez.8911 USUniversity ✭✭

@NMackay said:

@AlessandroCaliaro said:

@ssOnur said:
    hi i can not upgrade my project because i use free devexpress mobile grid and the grid is depended to version of
    Xamarin.Forms (= 3.6.0.264807). ( i have a plan to change grid or buy a new version of devxgrid)
    On the other hand i see ContextViewCell in nuget manager. https://www.nuget.org/packages/ContextViewCell
    its only need Xamarin.Forms (>= 2.4.0) . Can i use it with listview??

I have the same problem with a project…. my customer has to buy another grid….

Devexpress controls are not great for Xamarin, they were written in mono last time I looked, not native and surfaced via renderers so they have performance limittations. Maybe they changed how the work since I last looked.

Hi, NMackay. How do you know this? Do you have access to their source code?

• NMackayNMackay GBInsider, University admin

@MichaelLopez.8911 said:

@NMackay said:

@AlessandroCaliaro said:

@ssOnur said:
    hi i can not upgrade my project because i use free devexpress mobile grid and the grid is depended to version of
    Xamarin.Forms (= 3.6.0.264807). ( i have a plan to change grid or buy a new version of devxgrid)
    On the other hand i see ContextViewCell in nuget manager. https://www.nuget.org/packages/ContextViewCell

Devexpress controls are not great for Xamarin, they were written in mono last time I looked, not native and surfaced via renderers so they have performance limittations. Maybe they changed how the work since I last looked.

Was a comment based on chatting to someone at DevExpress about the architecture of the controls, I did qualify my comment to say it may have changed. They really aren't 1st choice for Xamarin Forms dev, that's just a fact from working on many projects over different companies and teams. Maybe they are decent now, if you work for DevExpress or have used them successfully feel free to share your experience of using the suite.

@NMackay said:

@MichaelLopez.8911 said:

@NMackay said:

@AlessandroCaliaro said:

@ssOnur said:

Was a comment based on chatting to someone at DevExpress about the architecture of the controls, I did qualify my comment to say it may have changed. They really aren't 1st choice for Xamarin Forms dev, that's just a fact from working on many projects over different companies and teams. Maybe they are decent now, if you work for DevExpress or have used them successfully feel free to share your experience of using the suite.

No, not an employee. I'm looking for a 3rd party control suite and DevExpress was first on my list. I also plan on looking at Telerik's and Syncfusion. I saw a comment of yours in a different thread where you said Syncfusion's product is buggy (at least I think it was you). I don't remember how old the comment is.

I wish someone with a lot of experience working with these 3rd party suites would write an up-to-date review. I've search and can't find one. That's how I ended up here.

@NMackay said:

@MichaelLopez.8911 said:

@NMackay said:

@AlessandroCaliaro said:

@ssOnur said:

Just an FYI: I inquired and heard back from devExpress. They said "Our components for Xamarin.Forms use the native platform implementation, and, therefore, they work as fast and reliably as any other native components."

• OnurAhmetKarahanlıOnurAhmetKarahanlı USMember ✭✭

Yes, at the end of i buy Devxpress xamarin component. They said that its native components.
    Now i try to change my free grid .
    First of all they change the grid propertys and event name so you must spend time to integrate it.