Forum Xamarin Xamarin.Forms

Xamarin Forms ListView strange overlap bug

Hello,

I've just come across a strange bug with the ListViews. Yesterday, I applied this fix https://devblogs.microsoft.com/xamarin/uiwebview-deprecation-xamarin-forms/ to send my app onto TestFlight which I am assuming might be the culprit as I do not recall seeing the bug before apply the above fix.

The bug looks as follows:

It looks as if there are multiple ListViews on top of one another but there are not.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Tagged:

Best Answer

  • TheFaceGrabberTheFaceGrabber Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

    @LandLu said:
    Could you please share a sample here so that I could debug it to look into this issue.

    Hey, so the weirdest thing happen. It seemed to fix itself... Basically I removed the code for the "ItemSelected" event from one of my lists and the issue went away. I added the code back in and the issue didn't come back then either.

    I guess the xaml code wasn't being parsed properly and needed to be updated.

Answers

  • LandLuLandLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

    Can you reproduce this on a small sample?
    It seems this is a reuse issue. But I need to see the code to find out the root cause.

  • TheFaceGrabberTheFaceGrabber Member ✭✭

    Hi, my listview is set up as follows.

    Adding items to list is just a simple Posts.Add operation on where Posts in an ObservableCollection

    This issue seems to be occuring with all listviews in my app though, not just this one.

  • LandLuLandLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

    Could you please share a sample here so that I could debug it to look into this issue.

  • TheFaceGrabberTheFaceGrabber Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

    @LandLu said:
    Could you please share a sample here so that I could debug it to look into this issue.

    Hey, so the weirdest thing happen. It seemed to fix itself... Basically I removed the code for the "ItemSelected" event from one of my lists and the issue went away. I added the code back in and the issue didn't come back then either.

    I guess the xaml code wasn't being parsed properly and needed to be updated.

Sign In or Register to comment.