Forum General

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

Where can I find an organized catalogue of Xamarin University?

TimingTiming Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in General

For example, I was watching a video which says that there are courses on Xamarin University that contain more details on backgrounding, but as I understand Xamarin University has been discontinued and Microsoft Learning is used instead. While Microsoft Learning is great at interactive exercises, it does not contain any more info on backgrounding and the Xamarin University on YouTube are quite disorganised and suspiciously incomplete. Is there a way to find a complete catalogue of Xamarin University?

TBF I do not understand why Microsoft chooses to put its tutorials everywhere - YouTube, Channel 9, Xamarin Native and Forms doc and Microsoft learn. This does steepen the learning curve.

Answers

• JohnHardmanJohnHardman GBUniversity admin
    edited June 2020

@Timing said:
    For example, I was watching a video which says that there are courses on Xamarin University that contain more details on backgrounding, but as I understand Xamarin University has been discontinued and Microsoft Learning is used instead. While Microsoft Learning is great at interactive exercises, it does not contain any more info on backgrounding and the Xamarin University on YouTube are quite disorganised and suspiciously incomplete. Is there a way to find a complete catalogue of Xamarin University?

TBF I do not understand why Microsoft chooses to put its tutorials everywhere - YouTube, Channel 9, Xamarin Native and Forms doc and Microsoft learn. This does steepen the learning curve.

cc'ing to @DavidBritch and @RobGibbens as I'd also still like to be able to access the Xamarin University materials. Yes, they're old and some will be out of date, but they would still be very useful. For some subjects, they are still the best materials that I have seen. Could they be put on GitHub or elsewhere, with a warning about them no longer being updated at the top?

• DavidBritchDavidBritch GBXamarin Team Xamurai

@JohnHardman I've asked internally about this. I'll get back to you.

• JohnHardmanJohnHardman GBUniversity admin

Brilliant. Thanks very much. That saves me searching my office for an old printout of the ENT410 slides :-)

• TimingTiming Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020

Thanks a lot @JohnHardman @DavidBritch !
    Just a few questions
    1. Are all courses including lightening lectures included?
    2. Can we have a summary sheet of course code and course description?
    3. Is each course accompanied by just one video?

• TimingTiming Member ✭✭

is there an archived catalogue? It is hard to find the relevant topics with just the course code