Forum Xamarin.iOS

Unable to install Apple Watch app

braderbrader USMember ✭✭

Hello,

I've been developing an Apple Watch app targeting watchOS 3.2 and have been testing it in the simulator. The app works fine in the simulator, but I'm having trouble getting it to install on the physical watch device. My phone and watch have been updated to the latest version (iOS 10.3.1, watchOS 3.2) and I am able to deploy the iOS app to the phone. When I go to the Watch app and try to install my app to the watch, I get the icon on the watch with the install progress indicator, but it always seems to time out and get stuck on the screen showing something like 80%.

I read through Testing on Watch Devices to see what I could find. I believe that my certificates and provisioning are correct (I think it probably wouldn't even attempt to install if they were incorrect). The closest sounding portion is Watch App fails to start while debugging on device, but I have this issue whether debugging or compiling for release mode and the description basically has no solution... I've tried cutting down my app size by removing all 3rd party libraries other than Xamarin.WatchOS and .NET frameworks, but to no avail. I've also tried looking at the device logs, but couldn't find anything that looked right.

I'm open to any suggestions or guidance on what to look for in the device logs (should I be looking at the phone log or watch logs?)... I haven't yet seen the SPErrorGizmoInstallNeverFinishedErrorMessage error in the logs either...

My setup:
Visual Studio 2017 Professional
MacBook Pro w/ Xcode 8.3

• braderbrader USMember ✭✭

Apparently, it was my entitlements... Finally found it in the logs after looking in Console on macOS. I had two entitlements added to both the WatchKit extension and app:

• com.apple.security.application-groups: array with a string value for my app's app group identifier
    • aps-environment: development

I removed both as I don't need the app group. After that, the app installs but is unable to get any data because the iPhone app crashes... On to the next issue :s

0x16df8b000 -[ACXCompanionSyncConnection installWatchAppWithBundleID:withProvisioningProfileInfo:completionWithError:]_block_invoke_3: Failed to install app com.tandt.ios.DashDev.watchkitapp : Error Domain=ACXErrorDomain Code=17 "Got error 17 in install done from remote side (MI error ApplicationVerificationFailed ; Extended 0xe8008016 ; Desc Failed to verify code signature of /private/var/installd/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installd.staging/temp.brV4sG/extracted/Payload/Dash.Watch.WatchOSApp.app : 0xe8008016 (The executable was signed with invalid entitlements.))" UserInfo={SourceFileLine=591, NSLocalizedDescription=Got error 17 in install done from remote side (MI error ApplicationVerificationFailed ; Extended 0xe8008016 ; Desc Failed to verify code signature of /private/var/installd/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installd.staging/temp.brV4sG/extracted/Payload/Dash.Watch.WatchOSApp.app : 0xe8008016 (The executable was signed with invalid entitlements.)), FunctionName=-[ACXServe

• ShafiShafi Member ✭✭

Hi There,

I tried removing entitlement.plist from Watch extensions but still not able to install application into smart watch..
    Any suggestion is really appreciated ..

Thanks
    Shafi

• OnurHazarOnurHazar USUniversity ✭✭✭

@Shafi @brader did you guys fix the the issue?

• braderbrader USMember ✭✭
    @OnurHazar I have resolved it, but unfortunately it has been three years and I don’t recall the solution. Hope you can fix your issue