Forum Xamarin.iOS

Couldn't find part of the path

NickKovalskyNickKovalsky USMember ✭✭✭
edited May 2020 in Xamarin.iOS

I have a nice error that i cannot pass through while trying to archive an app for appstore (runs ok on real device no problems with profiles etc):

latest visual studio just doesn't let me copy error text from here even more that nice small error window is not resizing..

Anyway, i have 2 ios projects, main and its notification extension referenced from main, they are in an App Group.
That error is about the extension project. But what i can see is the path on the picture is totally dumb: if i open finder on mac there is no xamarin folder inside Library/Caches, second you can see its totally insane with even letter F: inside. That looks like a VS bug, so if you might have an idea how to pass around it...

UPDATE:
After removing the extension project, another funny error appears while trying to create an IPA:
TypeInitializerException : Microsoft.Build.Tasks.Copy - operation not supported on this platform.

Would be grateful for any suggestion.

UPDATE: looks like another breaking change from ms https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/problem/1043449/typeinitializationexception-the-type-initializer-f.html

Tagged:

Answers

• LandLuLandLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Have you tried it with VS for Mac?
    It seems your extension application hasn't been successfully archived.
    We usually fix this kind of issue by deleting the bin/obj and doing some cleaning.
    But the cache was located on the Mac side. Try to remove that too.

• NickKovalskyNickKovalsky USMember ✭✭✭

Thanks for directions! Do you know where is the mac cache to be deleted is located by any chance?

• MuhammadhamzaMuhammadhamza USMember ✭✭

Mac caches Path : /Users/hamza/Library/Caches/Xamarin/mtbs

I'm facing the same issue.

Deleting, from the iOS project, the iTunesArtwork and iTunesArtwork @ 2x files resolved my problem.