Forum Xamarin.iOS
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Where to get all the rest watchOS, tvOS F# templates?

idchlifeidchlife Member ✭✭

It seems that Visual Studio for Mac does not have those. How to write those projects in F# language?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• LandLuLandLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Currently, we don't support using F# to develop watchOS or tvOS. It can only be used for iOS or Android mobile applications.

• idchlifeidchlife Member ✭✭

@LandLu could you possibly tell me, is there a way I can fire a Pull Request with new template somewhere?

It actually was not that hard to convert .csproj to .fsproj and it works (Parent iOS app F#, watchOS Watch App C# (it can be changed to .fsproj too, just didn't touch it since it does not have any source code files, only storyboard), watchOS Extension App F# (converted manually from C# project to F# project.)

F# for watchOS works, I'm using all the same stuff as in C# project. WatchKit, SceneKit etc

• LandLuLandLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Xamarin iOS(including tvOS and watchOS) is open source. You could raise your request here:
    https://github.com/xamarin/xamarin-macios

• idchlifeidchlife Member ✭✭

@LandLu I'm sorry, I meant Visual Studio for Mac templates. The problem is that it's hard always changing projects by hand and I think Visual Studio for Mac can be Is this too open source and I can fire a PR for next versions or something?