Forum Xamarin.iOS

Cannot override OpenUrl in AppDelegate

ElliotCooleyElliotCooley USMember ✭✭
edited May 1 in Xamarin.iOS

I'm trying to use MSAL in my Xamarin.iOS app, and every tutorial I've found has said to override the OpenUrl method in AppDelegate:

public override bool OpenUrl(UIApplication app, NSUrl url, NSDictionary options)

{
        AuthenticationContinuationHelper.SetAuthenticationContinuationEventArgs(url);
        return base.OpenUrl(app, url, options);
    }

However, my AppDelegate class extends UIResponder, and UIResponder has no virtual method OpenUrl to override. Perhaps I have a new version of the template? How can I override OpenUrl?

Tagged:

Answers

• JuniorJiangJuniorJiang Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Hi @ElliotCooley , from iOS 13 , you need to detail with openUrl in SceneDelegate.cs file , writing code in OpenUrlContexts method .

And about accessing Url proerty , you can get it from AnyObject element as follow .

[Export("scene:openURLContexts:")] 
    public void OpenUrlContexts(UIScene scene, NSSet<UIOpenUrlContext> urlContexts) 
    {
        Console.WriteLine("URL property =====" + urlContexts.AnyObject.Url);
        var urlString = urlContexts.AnyObject.Url;
        if( urlString.Equals("wide://"))
        {
            // Run code 
        }
    }

• ElliotCooleyElliotCooley USMember ✭✭

Thanks @JuniorJiang.

urlContexts.AnyObject.Url is of type NSUrl, not string (I need an NSUrl anyways, so that's fine).

How does that change the condition of the if statement?

Also, would I use "wide://"? Or replace with my own URL?

• JuniorJiangJuniorJiang Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Yeah @ElliotCooley , you're right . urlContexts.AnyObject.Url is a type pf NSUrl.

If statement depends on Url invoked from where application .

And you can replace "wide://" with your own URL .

• ElliotCooleyElliotCooley USMember ✭✭

I'm not sure if this code is working. When I try and access a web api, instead of the data being returned, html of a page telling me that I need JavaScript to login is returned. Furthermore, when I put a breakpoint in the "OpenUrlContexts" method, it is not hit when I make a call to HttpClient.GetAsync, as I would expect.