Forum Xamarin.Forms
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Scroll in listView

ganesh96ganesh96 Member ✭✭✭
edited April 21 in Xamarin.Forms

Hi,

I have a listView where the number of items depends on someones input. In some cases, there are not many items so all items in the list are visible. In other cases however, the number of items exceeds the limit of list items to be seen, so the user should be able to Scroll the list to see every item.

Adding the code here does not seem to work..

Thus two questions:

• How to scroll in a listView (including a scrollbar)? I can't figure out how to do that.
  • Is it possible that the scrolling and scrollbar will only be enabled when there are too many list items?

I hope someone can help.

Regards, Ganesh

Best Answer

• ganesh96ganesh96 Member ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

I figured it out: apparently I must state IsEnabled = "True", then rebuild the project and then it works.

Answers

• guizmoguizmo Member ✭✭
    Indeed you don't need to handle this
    Yet, I cannot scroll my listView..
  • MartiKevinMartiKevin Member ✭✭

Are you sure you have more data in the listView than can be shown on the screen? This should be handled automatically both on iOS and Android.

• MartiKevinMartiKevin Member ✭✭

Are you sure you have more data in the listView than can be shown on the screen? This should be handled automatically both on iOS and Android.

• guizmoguizmo Member ✭✭

What is your list count in debug mode ?

Accepted Answer

I figured it out: apparently I must state IsEnabled = "True", then rebuild the project and then it works.