Forum Xamarin.Forms

Grouped Horizontal Listview

rrrr.9430rrrr.9430 USMember ✭✭

I'm trying to make a grouped listview with the items (which just consist of an image and a title underneath the image) in each group side by side rather that in a single column. Has anyone done anything similar or have any recipes for something like this? It seems like it should be an easy thing to do, but I haven't been able to find any examples or anything.

Tagged:

• I am afraid to tell you this but I found the same leak on Xamarin Forms.
    There is a few ways to archive your duty:
    * Create a StackLayout with Orientation as Horizontal and add it's child on hardcode.
    * Try to use a Scrollview and also add Children to it :neutral:
    * Maybe this works for you: https://components.xamarin.com/gettingstarted/hscroll

• rrrr.9430rrrr.9430 USMember ✭✭

I actually ended up using a gridview and calculating the width of the elements based on the width of the screen. So its just a 3-across grid with as many rows as needed.

• DanielLDanielL PLInsider ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015

Maybe this: https://github.com/daniel-luberda/DLToolkit.Forms.Controls/tree/master/FlowListView (It's a ListView derivative). It works on every platform.

imageimageimage

• AndrewMcCormackAndrewMcCormack USUniversity ✭✭✭

that a nice listview. thanks for sharing

• rrrr.9430rrrr.9430 USMember ✭✭

Yeah, that looks really good. I may have to port it over to that, cause my solution was pretty hacky.

• ShamnadShamnad USMember ✭✭✭

@DanielL I used the flow list view component and its nice one but when I trying to add a horizontal listview it giving some issues i want a straight horizontal list view which can able to scroll

_fishesList = new FlowListView(){ VerticalOptions = LayoutOptions.FillAndExpand, HorizontalOptions = LayoutOptions.FillAndExpand, //HeightRequest=200, // WidthRequest=200, // FlowColumnCount = 2, FlowTappedBackgroundColor = Color.Gray, FlowColumnTemplate = new DataTemplate(typeof(HpmeFishCell)), SeparatorVisibility = SeparatorVisibility.Default, RowHeight=200, HasUnevenRows = true, }; var testStack = new StackLayout() { Orientation = StackOrientation.Horizontal, HorizontalOptions = LayoutOptions.FillAndExpand, // Rotation=270, Children = { _fishesList } }; this.Content = new StackLayout { Children = { testStack } };
    my Flow list definition

can you please help me to implement that

• DanielLDanielL PLInsider ✭✭✭✭

@Shamnad I didn't test it with non-standard Rotation settings. I'll need some reproduction so I could fix this. You can create an issue on project github page, I'll try to help.

• D_RD_R USMember ✭✭

Can anyone suggest me how to implement ?