Forum Xamarin.Forms
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Forms iOS Notification Permission Freeze

Hi All,

I'm using the latest version of Xamarin Forms. I have a forms app (Android/iOS). My first content I show is a login view. The app asks for iOS permissions to send notification upon first launching the app. Regardless of approval or not, my UI freezes. Not matter what I tap the app will not respond. I stripped the view to nothing but two entry fields and the same thing happens. So I don't think it is any controls on contentpage.

Has anyone ran into this and if so, how did you fix it? Any help is much appreciated.

Answers

• LandLuLandLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Do you mean you can't interact with the permission window or you can't interact with your custom controls after granting the notification?
    Can you click the button controls if you remove the part of requesting notification permission?
    It's better to share your login page here to help us reproduce your issue.

• cparkercparker Member

Hi LandLu.

It appears the issue is happening because of OneSignal. I am using their library to handle notifications and it is what is asking for permissions the first time. I will post on their forums for a possible answer. Thank you for responding.