Forum General

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

App Refreshes when looses focus

VuyiswaMasekoVuyiswaMaseko USMember ✭✭✭

Good Day All

I noticed something thought it will go away. My app refreshes go back to the splash screen when it looses . if i move from my to another app e.g Whatups and come back to my app. In Android 7.1 Api 25 it does it but a lot , you have to open a lot of app for it to happen. but with Android 4.4 is worse.

Is there something one can do programmatic ally prevent it , i noted some few events in the App.cs Resume, OnStart , Onsleep

Any advice will be appreciated.

Answers

• JohnHJohnH GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

It sounds like the app is being closed by Android, this is automatic and depends on what resources the other apps require, and what resources you are using, and the resources available on the device. It is up to you to return the app to its previous state, if that is what you need it to do.

• VuyiswaMasekoVuyiswaMaseko USMember ✭✭✭

Thanks John for the replace. lets say the user was in a chat screen. So how does one make sure the screen does not reload and get back to that exact screen ?

• JohnHJohnH GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@VuyiswaMaseko said:
    Thanks John for the replace. lets say the user was in a chat screen. So how does one make sure the screen does not reload and get back to that exact screen ?

That would be a better question to ask on the Xamarin.Android forum.