Forum Xamarin.Forms
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Archiving iOS app in VSWin and getting a path, file name too long error

RezaMohamedRezaMohamed USMember ✭✭✭
edited March 31 in Xamarin.Forms

I am trying to create an archive (ipa file) for Apple store submission and keep getting this error that the path or file name is too long. I can't easily change out my windows sign in folder directory nor my local app data folder. What is the workaround for this? Silly that this is even an issue in 2020 with Windows 10.

Best Answer

• RezaMohamedRezaMohamed USMember ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

I had to move my project in the root folder and it worked.

Answers

Accepted Answer

I had to move my project in the root folder and it worked.

• Juan_MillerJuan_Miller Member ✭✭

Long path tool can solve your problem easily. It can delete, copy, move and bulk rename long path files or locked files easily. Try it, It is very useful.

@Tom_Murphy are you referring to https://longpathtool.com/ ? the site looks a little suspicious ha.

• Juan_MillerJuan_Miller Member ✭✭

I suggest you try Long path tool is the very good program for easily delete, copy & rename long path files, error, unlock solution.
    Try it and solve your problem.