Forum Xamarin.Forms

Alternative to double TabbedPage - iOS

arturmullerarturmuller Member ✭✭✭

I realized that in Android, if I have nested TabbedPages (one up and bottom), it looks great. But the same setup in iOS makes them end up both in the bottom and on top of each other. I am now looking for an alternative to TabbedPage on the top that would work on iOS, I checked how two major app vendors solved that type of issue and they did a switch/toggle in the page. Can anyone guide me on how to create a similar toggle in my page? See attached screenshots. Would also be interesting to know how to include such button in the top.

On the same topic I wonder how I can disable so my app content dont appear under the iOS title bar?

Best Answers

• shaunpryszlakshaunpryszlak USMember ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Personally I would use a segmented control at the top. It's the mobile equivalent of radiobuttons. Only one of "All" or "Missed" would be pressed at any one time and you would simply filter the data accorningly. I use it in one app for sorting a long list by various parameters (name, date, etc).

Accepted Answer

Have a look at these screenshots.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/webcomix/id549811592

In the first you have a segmented control at the top of your page with a listview underneath it. the segmented control is fixed but the list scrolls. In the other two you have a button added to the navigation bar. But you could just have it next to the segmented control. All depends on how your app works.

Answers

Accepted Answer

Personally I would use a segmented control at the top. It's the mobile equivalent of radiobuttons. Only one of "All" or "Missed" would be pressed at any one time and you would simply filter the data accorningly. I use it in one app for sorting a long list by various parameters (name, date, etc).

• arturmullerarturmuller Member ✭✭✭

@shaunpryszlak thanks for great reply. Do you happen to have an example of how to achieve that? Especially combined with a button like that I do not see how to combine.

Accepted Answer

Have a look at these screenshots.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/webcomix/id549811592

In the first you have a segmented control at the top of your page with a listview underneath it. the segmented control is fixed but the list scrolls. In the other two you have a button added to the navigation bar. But you could just have it next to the segmented control. All depends on how your app works.

• arturmullerarturmuller Member ✭✭✭

Thanks! Segmented Control is what I am looking for and seems to work great