Forum Xamarin.Forms
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

CrossFirebasePushNotification.Current.OnTokenRefresh not responding after changing the package name

Using FirebasePushNotification plugin .
Push notification feature was running perfectly.
I just changed the package name in manifest.
(Created new firebase project and Changed the google-services.json file also)
new token is not getting generated while running the application.
OnTokenRefresh is not responding.

I have checked it with Android devices(Lenovo and redmi 5 pro).

Birdie.Plugin.FirebasePushnotification version- 2.3.8
Plugin.FirebasePushnotification version-3.1.6

Thanks in advanz.

Answers

• jezhjezh Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Created new firebase project and Changed the google-services.json file also

Did you change the package name based on the original app?Then have you created a new app in the Firebase Console and keep the package name in the Firebase Console consistent with the package name of your Android app , meanwhile, we should also download the new google-services.json of this new app in the Firebase Console to our Android app.

For more details , you can check the document of FirebasePushNotificationPlugin here: https://github.com/CrossGeeks/FirebasePushNotificationPlugin/blob/master/docs/GettingStarted.md

• XamarinInfoXamarinInfo Member ✭✭

I have created a new project in Firebase and using the same package name which i am having in Xamarin.Android.
    New Google-service.json file is added in the project.

• jezhjezh Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Then you can try to uninstall the previous app and rerun it.