Forum Xamarin.iOS

Unable to build the project after adding native library

I have created a iOS binding library and generated .dll to be used in Xamarin iOS application. I have added the .dll as reference. After this I am unable to build the project. Can I get to know what I have missed here ? The native sdk uses foundation framework only. I have attached the .a and generated dll here

Answers

• ColeXColeX Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Can you provide build log under Help- Xamarin-Open Logs?

• VamsiValiveruVamsiValiveru USMember ✭✭

Please see the attached build log. Also, I am using this code in the link with.cs file:

[assembly: LinkWith("libFDFreshchatSDK.a",
    //LinkTarget.Simulator | LinkTarget.ArmV7 | LinkTarget.ArmV7s | LinkTarget.Simulator64 | LinkTarget.Arm64,
    LinkTarget.ArmV7 | LinkTarget.ArmV7s | LinkTarget.Simulator,
    ForceLoad = true,
    Frameworks = "Foundation"
    //,LinkerFlags = "-lz"
    )]

I am able to use the dll (add as reference) and run on a simulator but not on the real device. I have used this for the linker attribute.

Frameworks = "Foundation AVFoundation AudioToolbox CoreMedia CoreData ImageIO Photos SystemConfiguration Security"

Also, I have attached the build log for real device. The fat library supports armv7, armv7s, arm64, i386 and x86_64 architectures

• ColeXColeX Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Hi,

I got the updated binding library dll and able to complile successfully in a simulator. When I run on a physical device, I am seeing a native error. I got the build output and see that a framework is missed. I added the framework (WKWebView) and I still see the error.

This is my linkwith.cs code

[assembly: LinkWith("libFDFreshchatSDK.a",
    LinkTarget.ArmV7 | LinkTarget.ArmV7s | LinkTarget.i386 | LinkTarget.x86_64 | LinkTarget.Arm64
    , SmartLink = true, ForceLoad = true
    , Frameworks = "Foundation AVFoundation AudioToolbox CoreMedia CoreData ImageIO Photos SystemConfiguration Security UIKit CoreGraphics WKWebView CFNetwork"
    , LinkerFlags = "-all_load -ObjC"
    )]

I have got it worked. Instead of the framework WebKit, I have added WKWebView in linkwith.cs file