Forum Xamarin.Forms

Xamarin.Auth and custom login UI

nodoidnodoid GBMember, Beta ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm using the latest Xamarin.Auth with my forms app that connects to an IdentityService4 auth system. The auth service uses OpenID and goes through the password flow (so won't return the likes of a redirect URL or needs the ClientSecret).

First question is does Xam.Auth support this flow? I can't see anything to say it does or doesn't. If it does, is there any documentation on how to do this?

Second, the app already has it's own login content page. Do I have to use the Xamarin.Auth login page or is there a way to pass the user/pass from my login page into the authenticator?

Thanks

Tagged:

Answers

• LandLuLandLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

First question is does Xam.Auth support this flow? I can't see anything to say it does or doesn't. If it does, is there any documentation on how to do this?

Xamarin Auth provides support for consuming identity providers such as Google, Microsoft, Facebook, and Twitter. If you have your own login page there's no need to implement the Xamarin Auth. You could open your login page with the browser and then the user could log in his account there.

pass the user/pass from my login page into the authenticator

Xamarin Auth uses redirect url to return the original application which needs to get the user's information. We still need to implement this part. We could add this redirect url into the header then the login page could receive it from the headers.
    If the user has been authenticated by your custom login page we could use this redirect url to return the application with data you need to manipulate.
    This documentation introduces the usage of redirect url:
    https://github.com/xamarin/Xamarin.Auth/blob/master/GettingStarted.md#312-native-ui