Forum Xamarin.iOS

How to allow remote device to build Xamarin project?

dnostrikerdnostriker Member ✭✭

Hello!

I'm having trouble allowing a remote developer to build a Xamarin project for iOS. He already sent the UUID of his iPhone, and I've already added his phone in the "Devices" tab of Apple Developer website, but he still can't build the project to test stuff. Is there something else I should do?

Thanks for the attention!

Best Answer

Answers

• JohnHJohnH GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does the developer have a Mac to build on? What is the error message on building?
  • ColeXColeX Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    edited March 10

After adding the uuid on website , you have to renew the provisioning profile , download , and reinstall on the mac , then he can run the application on his device .

• dnostrikerdnostriker Member ✭✭

@JohnH said:
    Does the developer have a Mac to build on? What is the error message on building?

He sent me a picture of his Visual Studio where it said "No matching profiles found" in the Provisioning Profile field

@ColeX said:
    After adding the uuid on website , you have to renew the provisioning profile , download , and reinstall on the mac , then he can run the application on his device .

I don't have access to his Mac. Is there any security breach problem if I send the provisioning profile via email (I've already configured it with a developer certificate and to work only on his iPhone device via UUID)?

Now I understand! Silly me, I had created an .ipa file, but for some reason I thought it would only be useful when deploying on the App Store... Well, thanks for the quick feedback! It helped me a lot in this process!