Forum Xamarin.Forms

is it possible to implement NFC in xamarin forms?

I have been trying with sample plugin but i am not able to figure out how to implement NFC read/Write for Android/iOS using a plugin.if it is possible share some sample code which would help me

Tagged:

• mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Member ✭✭

Thanks for you reply .But that link refer for Android & Windows.I need of Android and iOS.

• JohnHardmanJohnHardman GBUniversity admin

@mmmmmmmmm said:
    Thanks for you reply .But that link refer for Android & Windows.I need of Android and iOS.

I haven't used it, but take a look at https://github.com/smstuebe/xamarin-nfc

• Rajkumar_1992Rajkumar_1992 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019

We are using Plugin.NFC for our Xamarin.Forms project (both iOS and Android).

• WolvWolv Member

Although the original poster probably no longer needs any help with implementing NFC in Xamarin forms, many people most likely do. I recently complete a project that required reading/writing NFC capability for Android and iOS using Xamarin Forms. If anyone has any questions regarding how to implement cross-platform NFC, feel free to reply to this comment or send me a message. I realize that Plugin.NFC supports iOS and Android for both reading and writing, however it does not support all native functionality.

If you need to use a feature that is not supported by Plugin.NFC (or simply don't want to use it for other reasons) and cannot figure out how to implement it, I will try to help you as much as possible.

• AlessandroCaliaroAlessandroCaliaro ITMember ✭✭✭✭✭
  • SaamerMansoorSaamerMansoor USMember ✭✭
    I highly recommend the Plugin.NFC nuget package as well as Wolv mentioned above. I wrote an article on Getting started with NFC in 5 minutes With Xamarin -bit.ly/2T9sBFy