TreeGrid component

Hi,

Do you know of any treegrid component?
I looked at Component Store and did not find any.
I want to make sure I am not missing anything...

Thank you.

Answers

• CheesebaronCheesebaron DKInsider, University mod

What is a Tree Grid?

• ZacharyGramanaZacharyGramana USMember Xamurai

@AlexanderGurevich we don't. Perhaps you might be able to get a similar effect by customizing one of the Shibobi Grid Controlls.

That said, the UI pattern that Tree Table uses is not recommended on mobile devices. The disclosure icons are typically too small of a touch target for most users to hit reliably. They are better suited for desktops, which allow for higher information density. Mobile UI design is all about breaking down high density screens into sub screens.

The recommended mobile pattern would be Master/Detail, for starters. If you are targeting tablets, you might also consider a popover to display your drill down information (a phone may not give you enough space to show much in a popover). See this post for some additional ideas.

• Our tree table have many columns and depth between 3 to 5.
    Potentially a lot of navigation if presented in Master/Detail fashion.
    Re>"The disclosure icons are typically too small of a touch target for most users to hit reliably."
    I agree however user can zoom in if there is a really a problem to hit or we can enlarge the icons...
    I looked at the post you recommended, but did not find anything that can really substitute.
    Please let me know If you have any other suggestions
    Your thoughts are very appreciated

• ZacharyGramanaZacharyGramana USMember Xamurai

@AlexanderGurevich, you might want to checkout that post's suggestions regarding both Miller tables as well as nested tables (basically, expand/collapse). That latter should be fairly straightforward to implement.