Forum Xamarin.Android
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Error when compiling app in Android 9.0 using SQLite.Net-PCL [Xamarin.Android]

AndresQuiValAndresQuiVal Member ✭✭
edited February 26 in Xamarin.Android

Hello everyone, I am trying to compile my application that requires a comunications with a local service, which is SQLite, I (and from the start of my long project) have been using SQLite.Net-PCL plugin (https://github.com/oysteinkrog/SQLite.Net-PCL), but when compiling my app into android 9.0 versions, it throws me the following error:

System.DllNotFoundException: '/system/lib64/libsqlite.so assembly:<unknown assembly> type:<unknown type> member:(null)'

I have been searching about the error, and I found what I consider "Not verified solutions" since they dont prove why something is correct, in this case, people that answer to this problem give the answer of: "replace the SQLite.Net-PCL plugin for the sqlite.net-pcl one" but why? is there a problem using SQLite.Net-PCL on current versions of android, and how can I avoid this error using the current plugin (SQLite.Net-PCL)?

Note: this only happens in Android 9.0 (which I have proved) and on other versions such as Android 6.0 is everything ok.

Answers