Forum Xamarin.Mac

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

Forms previewer isn't showing any values found my bound view model

RainerMagerRainerMager JPMember ✭✭✭

(Note, I also posted this in the Forms forum.)

I'm trying to use Xamarin forms previewer. It is showing the general layout of my form, but none of the values from my view model are shown.
I've tried setting the binding context via <d:ContentPage.BindingContext>, and I've tried to make as simple bound value as just a hard-coded property in my view model like (public string Test = "test value";). Even with this the value is not showing up in the preview.

When I run my app the values are shown correctly. I'd like to get this working in the previewer to make development easier. I know that Hot Reload is another option, but it doesn't always serve my purposes well. For example, if I'm working on a form page that is hard to get to in my app (i.e., requires lots of clicking) it's easier to work on in the previewer.

Are there any troubleshooting tips or log files that can help me diagnose this?

Alternatively, are people using the Forms Previewer successfully, or is this just something too unstable to use regularly?

Answers