Forum Xamarin.Forms

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

Use a custom render to preview and to take a photography in Xamarin Forms

I create a custom render, This allow me to have a preview of the camera into Xamarin forms in IOS and Android.

But i need take a photography, can you help me to take the photography from the selected scene in the form?

Answers

• LandLuLandLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

If you only want to preview picked images we could consume this plugin in Forms:
    https://github.com/jamesmontemagno/MediaPlugin
    It helped us pick photos from the system gallery or take pictures.
    If you want to add some custom effects using custom renderer, try to specify your requirements and post what you have done here.

• I would like get the preview but in real time, in order to take the best picture, but i need add this preview into a form, i can not use the Android or ios interface to take the picture.

• LandLuLandLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

What do you mean "you want to get best pictures in real time"?
    This plugin helps you call native apis to consume camera features. We could take or pick pictures using that.