Forum Xamarin.Forms
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

How to build my own signin?

JassimRahmaJassimRahma USMember ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I have different apps and I want to have a single signin for all just like the Windows Account signin when you sign with any app but I don't want to use a Webview

What are the other options to do it and just include the sign in modules in any app?

Thanks,
Jassim

Answers

• LuiCLuiC USMember ✭✭
  • JassimRahmaJassimRahma USMember ✭✭✭✭

But I don't want to login with Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter or Google.

I have my own users table

• LandLuLandLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

We have to use webview to display your sign-in window.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/xamarin/xamarin-forms/data-cloud/authentication/oauth
    this is also trying to open a login website using webview. This is the only approach which could lead any applications to your own login page.

@LandLu how about Nuget package? Can I build a Nuget package to show the sign in and sign up pages and do the authentication process?
  • LandLuLandLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

If you only want it to be consumed by your own applications. This could be a choice.
    Embed your login pages before publishing.
    They could be regular pages calling the webservice to check the validation of the credential. However, if you want other applications which are not developed by you to consume this sign-in page, it can't be achieved.

• Just build aAPI Service to handle authentication.

Then build a proper library containing your Login/registration/credential management pages&viewmodels and navigate to them as you need.

@Bernhard_Pollerspöck what do you mean when you said a Library? Nuget Library? or What type of VS project?

• Just a Class Library to be able to share your views and viewmodels. you could publish your library then to nuget(if you really want them open available)

as a personal note: please make sure you secure the user data with state of the art tech.