XF3 solution - iOS - FileNotFound Images.imageset/Contents.json

ClintStLaurentClintStLaurent USUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't dealt with the iOS asset catalog stuff before.
All new XF3 solution. I've added all the images wanted by the Assets.xcassets/AppIcon pane (and what a pain that is).
So I no longer get an error for image120.png not found, etc.

Now I get an error for Images.imageset/Contents.json not found. ANd I agree. When I look on the build mac there is no such directory or file.

So... Now what? What is it looking for to create that Images.imageset? Do I have to add images to an image set whether I have any or not? Does it just not work if you don't have at least a set defined?

Well... Let's try that.
Now it complains there is no Images blah blah. I'm thinking that at one time there was an Images catalog that got deleted... but not fully deleted... so some file someplace thinks its still there. Each new Images catalog is the next number up. So I'm always missing one.

Does anyone know where the list of these catalogs lives so I can manually edit it?

Best Answer

Answers

  • LandLuLandLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

    Try to remove your build and obj folder in your project first, also delete this cache folder on your mac. Then clean and deploy your project again.

  • ClintStLaurentClintStLaurent USUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭

    @LandLu
    Been there, done that. Will try it again. Clearly the solution is holding on to an 'under the hood' file with a list of images it thinks are listed in a catalog. Its trying to report things like "SplashImage.001.png not found" etc. These were images someone tried to put in a catalog. Then later deleted that catalog. But it wasn't fully deleted someplace in the solution.

  • ClintStLaurentClintStLaurent USUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭

    @JoeManke said:
    I would check your iOS .csproj file. Open it up in a text editor, look for those files and delete any references that shouldn't be there anymore.

    Bingo. You're a life saver! Again.

  • It was a problem that hurt me for a long time. I didn't think the problem was in the project because it worked without problems on a different mac. I am grateful for the solution.

Sign In or Register to comment.