Forum Xamarin.Android
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Layouts for different screen sizes

I've been following steps in this Xamarin tutorial (Google "Creating resources for varying screens") to create layouts for different screensizes. I created xyz.asml for layout folders with different names. However, when I tested using different devices, they all point to xyz.asml in the default layout folder and not any of the other layout folders. Can someone tell me what I may be doing wrong or have missed? Thanks Aaron

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• LandLuLandLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/xamarin/android/app-fundamentals/resources-in-android/resources-for-varying-screens?tabs=windows
    This documentation may be a little out of date. Now we are consuming .xml files. Try to update your libraries to the latest version and use .xml to replace the .axml files.
    Moreover, make sure the layout's file extension and you have enabled varying screens in manifest.
    If this issue persists, try to make a repo and upload it here.

• e36328is98e36328is98 Member ✭✭

Thanks LandLu!

A few more questions:

Do you have any examples or an updated link to this article "Creating resources for varying screens"?

Which libraries are you referring to?

Can you elaborate on this "Moreover, make sure the layout's file extension and you have enabled varying screens in manifest."?

I'm still learning so any help is greatly appreciated.
    Aaron