Forum Xamarin.Forms

Last Cell of ListView Cutoff?

TrevorHeinsTrevorHeins USMember ✭✭
edited August 2017 in Xamarin.Forms

I have this Xaml definition here and no matter how much padding to the bottom I put, the ListView doesn't move up. Half of the last cell in the ListView is cutoff, and I am not sure why. This is what I am seeing:

Answers

• N_BauaN_Baua INMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@TrevorHeins said:

Point 1:
    Your XAML look okey other than, I do not see HorizontalOptions/VerticalOptions and HeightRequest on telerikListView and/or its container (ContentView). Just play a little with this, I am sure setting VerticalOptions correctly (Fill, in my opinion) will resolve this issue.

Point 2: If the above does not work:
    Can you just try adding a dummy BoxView with background color and some height, just below the telerikListView and see, how it renders on the screen.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    N Baua

• JohnHardmanJohnHardman GBUniversity mod

@TrevorHeins - I see this as well, both when using ListView and ScrollView. I've previously logged it as a bug for ScrollView (where word-wrapped text in the ScrollView triggers the problem) but I cannot find it as one of my reported bugs for ListView. It's definitely a Xamarin.Forms problem though, and has been present for a long time. As you have the XAML to demonstrate it, could you log it as a bug at bugzilla.xamarin.com please.

• TrevorHeinsTrevorHeins USMember ✭✭

@N_Baua said:

@TrevorHeins said:

Point 1:
    Your XAML look okey other than, I do not see HorizontalOptions/VerticalOptions and HeightRequest on telerikListView and/or its container (ContentView). Just play a little with this, I am sure setting VerticalOptions correctly (Fill, in my opinion) will resolve this issue.

Point 2: If the above does not work:
    Can you just try adding a dummy BoxView with background color and some height, just below the telerikListView and see, how it renders on the screen.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    N Baua

So I tried to fiddle with VerticalOptions, and none of the options helped to make the whole ListView visible. I then tried to add a box view, right before the closing ContentView.Content tag, and the box is not visible

• StatikBlackStatikBlack Member
    edited March 2018

I don't know if this will help but I had the same issue, what solved it was putting everything in an AbsoluteLayout, then have a StackLayout with the AbsoluteLayout.LayoutBounds = "0,0,1,1" and the AbsoluteLayout.LayoutFlags = "All" inside the AbsoluteLayout. Then inside that child StackLayout I had my Grids and ListView set up as per my needs.

I can't post links because I'm new here, but you can find info on this on the Xamarin Guides on AbsoluteLayouts, under AbsoluteLayoutFlags.

I'm also not too sure as of now why this works, currently gonna dig deeper and find more details.

Really hope this helps

Kind Regards
    A fellow Xamarin Victim

EDIT: I also tried to edit the ItemSource to see if perhaps the problem was with the size of the view or something around that, also manually edited the sizes, still had the same problem. So for those reading, you might wanna first check your size requests and all that jazz before this just to make sure.

• elisatelisat FRMember ✭✭

@StatikBlack said:
    AbsoluteLayout.LayoutBounds = "0,0,1,1" and the AbsoluteLayout.LayoutFlags = "All" inside the AbsoluteLayout.

I added those 2 to my list view and it worked!! Many thanks!!

• subhamoybsubhamoyb Member ✭✭
    edited April 7

@StatikBlack said:
    I don't know if this will help but I had the same issue, what solved it was putting everything in an AbsoluteLayout, then have a StackLayout with the AbsoluteLayout.LayoutBounds = "0,0,1,1" and the AbsoluteLayout.LayoutFlags = "All" inside the AbsoluteLayout. Then inside that child StackLayout I had my Grids and ListView set up as per my needs.

I can't post links because I'm new here, but you can find info on this on the Xamarin Guides on AbsoluteLayouts, under AbsoluteLayoutFlags.

I'm also not too sure as of now why this works, currently gonna dig deeper and find more details.

Really hope this helps

Kind Regards
    A fellow Xamarin Victim

EDIT: I also tried to edit the ItemSource to see if perhaps the problem was with the size of the view or something around that, also manually edited the sizes, still had the same problem. So for those reading, you might wanna first check your size requests and all that jazz before this just to make sure.

Adding AbsoluteLayout.LayoutBounds = "0,0,1,1" and the AbsoluteLayout.LayoutFlags = "All" in the primary gridview inside my absolute layout resolved the issue for me. Thanks a ton.