I want to have ZXing.Net.Mobile barcodes scanner with a custom overlay and some UI components implemented in Xamarin.Forms in one View.
Is it possible at all?
I assumed that this is possible and implemented this:
1. Android.Support.V4.App.FragmentActivity with a custom overlay for ZXing scanner.
2. Android Activity with a custom overlay for ZXing scanner.
3. Android PageRenderer with a custom overlay for ZXing scanner.
I was able to run all these variants, but I was not able to mix them with Xamarin.Forms UI.
Here is my ZXingScannerRendererPage.xaml in the shared project (attached pic). I want to have "TEST BUTTON" button above Zxing Scanner view.
But when I run the application with PageRenderer I can see for a second my layout with "TEST BUTTON" and then view jumps to ZXing scanner.
When I "press back" button, I can see my XAML layout with "TEST BUTTON". I think ZXing opens a new activity or something.
So, what I need is:
1. Embed ZXing.Net.Mobile barcodes scanner with custom overlay into my Xamarin.Forms ContentPage along with other Xamarin.Forms UI.
2. Embed Xamarin.Forms UI above view with ZXing.Net.Mobile barcodes scanner with a custom overlay.
How to accomplish this? Is it possible to embed PageRenderer/Fragment/View into Xamarin.Forms XAML?