Forum Xamarin.Android

FirebaseInitProvider class not found in dex file

MamunPriyaMamunPriya Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in Xamarin.Android

Hi,
The android app in "DEBUG" is working fine with all features including but we are facing some issue while releasing the app in play store.

The issue facing
While initialization the app is crashing showing this error
Issue: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to get provider com.google.firebase.provider.FirebaseInitProvider: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn't find class "com.google.firebase.provider.FirebaseInitProvider" on path: DexPathList[[zip file "/data/app/com.mvt.mstntapp-1/base.apk", zip file "/data/app/com.mvt.mstntapp-1/split_config.arm64_v8a.apk", zip file "/data/app/com.mvt.mstntapp-1/split_config.xxhdpi.apk"],nativeLibraryDirectories=[/data/app/com.mvt.mstntapp-1/lib/arm64, /data/app/com.mvt.mstntapp-1/base.apk!/lib/arm64-v8a, /data/app/com.mvt.mstntapp-1/split_config.arm64_v8a.apk!/lib/arm64-v8a, /data/app/com.mvt.mstntapp-1/split_config.xxhdpi.apk!/lib/arm64-v8a, /system/lib64, /vendor/lib64, /system/vendor/lib64, /product/lib64]]

Which says the com.google.firebase.provider.FirebaseInitProvider is not present in any Dex file.
What is the build configuration for Android release
We tried several configuration combinations like -

The Pink highlighted configurations combination is tried differently.
The same thing is happening when we enable multidex in debug mode too.

The tools used..
Visual Studio version 16.3.6(Professional)
Xamarin version 16.3.0.227
Xamarin Android SDK 10.0.3.0
Xamarin IOS SDK 13.4.0.2

• RobSchoenakerRobSchoenaker NLMember ✭✭
    edited December 2019

Disable R8 and use ProGuard. Solved my problem:

• batmacibatmaci DEMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@RobSchoenaker said:
    Disable R8 and use ProGuard. Solved my problem:

thats not a solution. thats a workaround. R8 is becomin more standard for Android by google and we need to use this option. if it is not production ready, somebody from Xamarin team needs to clarify it.

• RobSchoenakerRobSchoenaker NLMember ✭✭

Your question was: "What is the build configuration for Android release", so I would opt this for a working 'solution'. That is, for now. I agree that R8 should be usable, but this seems not to be the case just yet.