Forum Visual Studio
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Visual Studio 15 NDK demo

I am attempting to follow this demo samples/monodroid/SanAngeles_NDK/ (I cannot yet post the full link)

This demo runs an OpenGL demo via a dll import to run C++ code compiled through the NDK. this is very interesting to me because we have a graphics project we wish to deploy multi platform.
I have setup VS15 with Xamarin and have been able to build simple apps. However when I run the SanAngeles demo and attempt to fetch the external dll, I get this error,

12-01 12:36:12.971 D/Mono (27321): DllImport error loading library '/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/SanAngeles.SanAngeles/files/.__override__/libsanangeles': 'dlopen failed: library "/data/app/SanAngeles.SanAngeles-1/lib/arm64//storage/emulated/0/Android/data/SanAngeles.SanAngeles/files/.__override__/libsanangeles" not found'.

how do I set up the external references correctly? the libs are present in the project but do not appear as references. Thanks.

Answers

• @Culzean said:
    I am attempting to follow this demo samples/monodroid/SanAngeles_NDK/ (I cannot yet post the full link)

This demo runs an OpenGL demo via a dll import to run C++ code compiled through the NDK. this is very interesting to me because we have a graphics project we wish to deploy multi platform.
    I have setup VS15 with Xamarin and have been able to build simple apps. However when I run the SanAngeles demo and attempt to fetch the external dll, I get this error,

12-01 12:36:12.971 D/Mono (27321): DllImport error loading library '/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/SanAngeles.SanAngeles/files/.__override__/libsanangeles': 'dlopen failed: library "/data/app/SanAngeles.SanAngeles-1/lib/arm64//storage/emulated/0/Android/data/SanAngeles.SanAngeles/files/.__override__/libsanangeles" not found'.

how do I set up the external references correctly? the libs are present in the project but do not appear as references. Thanks.

So this may be about 3-years late, but I stumbled on your post looking for the same answer. Turns out that the build configuration for the shared library was set to ARM when it should have been x86 (see the pic below). That will allow you to build + test the app on android.