Forum Xamarin.Forms
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Native linking failed error in xamarin for GoogleSign

VipinKrishnaVipinKrishna Member ✭✭
edited January 2019 in Xamarin.Forms

I am following this tutorial for GoogleSign in my project. https://www.pujolsluis.com/google-client-plugin-for-xamarin/ .Works fine in android. But getting Native linking failed errors while rebuild in ios.

Native linking error: clang: error: no such file or directory: '/Users/cybasetechnologies/Library/Caches/Xamarin/mtbs/builds/login2.iOS/0f92dcc98e9717a0d2643ed70077af70/obj/iPhone/Debug/mtouch-cache/FirebaseInstanceID'
Native linking error: clang: error: no such file or directory: '/Users/cybasetechnologies/Library/Caches/Xamarin/mtbs/builds/login2.iOS/0f92dcc98e9717a0d2643ed70077af70/obj/iPhone/Debug/mtouch-cache/FirebaseNanoPB'
Native linking failed. Please review the build log.
Native linking error: clang: error: no such file or directory: '/Users/cybasetechnologies/Library/Caches/Xamarin/mtbs/builds/login2.iOS/0f92dcc98e9717a0d2643ed70077af70/obj/iPhone/Debug/mtouch-cache/FirebaseCoreDiagnostics'
Native linking error: clang: error: no such file or directory: '/Users/cybasetechnologies/Library/Caches/Xamarin/mtbs/builds/login2.iOS/0f92dcc98e9717a0d2643ed70077af70/obj/iPhone/Debug/mtouch-cache/FirebaseAnalytics'
Native linking error: clang: error: no such file or directory: '/Users/cybasetechnologies/Library/Caches/Xamarin/mtbs/builds/login2.iOS/0f92dcc98e9717a0d2643ed70077af70/obj/iPhone/Debug/mtouch-cache/GoogleSignIn'
Native linking error: clang: error: no such file or directory: '/Users/cybasetechnologies/Library/Caches/Xamarin/mtbs/builds/login2.iOS/0f92dcc98e9717a0d2643ed70077af70/obj/iPhone/Debug/mtouch-cache/FirebaseCore'

Deleted bin and obj folders in both mac and visualstudio; clean and rebuid; still error persists.Please help..

Best Answer

• VipinKrishnaVipinKrishna Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

2 native packages 'xamarin ios googlesign' and 'xamarin firebase android' were missing. installed those and working now..

Answers

• ColeXColeX Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    edited January 2019

Try to switch Linker Behavior to Don't link.

• VipinKrishnaVipinKrishna Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

2 native packages 'xamarin ios googlesign' and 'xamarin firebase android' were missing. installed those and working now..

• ferk0lferk0l Member ✭✭

@VipinKrishna said:

Hey,

I have the same problem but couldn't figure out what packages those exactly are. Could you tell their exact name on NuGet?

• pujolsluispujolsluis Member ✭✭

Hi @ferk0l ,

You can see what dependencies the plugin you are trying to install needs in its Nuget page, under the dependency section.

In this case it's Xamarin.Google.iOS.SignIn and Xamarin.GooglePlayServices.Auth

• ferk0lferk0l Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019

Hi @pujolsluis,

thanks for your answer, it works now!

For some reason I can only use Xamarin.Google.iOS.SignIn 4.0.1 and not the newest one, otherwise I'm getting the linker issues described above. But, yeah, I'll leave it like that for now ...

• LuizNegriniLuizNegrini USMember ✭✭

Same error