Forum Xamarin.Android

When generating APK my app does not work but in debuggin mode, what happens?

Hello, I'm new to xamarin, I have a problem, I'm developing an app that uses some libraries or references, when I compile the project works fine on my mobile device, but when I generate the apk it installs successfully on the cell phone but when I try to log in Stops the app. My theory is that some assembly is not included in the APK, but it's just theory someone can help me. In debugging mode works in release mode generating the apk not quite right.

Best Answers

• JoseAntonioChavezVerdinJoseAntonioChavezVerdin USMember ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Hi everyone, I already tried everything that I have recommended and I thank you very much, but still not working, check the sale out and I in the message account that is seen in the image that I attached to this message, look at google but I did not know the answer to that problem. I think that is the problem by which my APK does not work, I think some assembly is not going to the moment of release.

Answers

• RaymondKellyRaymondKelly USMember ✭✭✭

Check the linking options between the different release modes. For instance, in Debug mode may have "SDK Assemblies Only", but Release mode may have "None".

If that is not the issue, then use Device Monitor to view the stack trace from the device and that should give you a hint as to what is wrong.

• Thanks a lot for the suggestion, the probe as you tell me, but it still does not work when I generate the APK, but when I run the app in debug mode it works fine. :(

• DarshanJSDarshanJS USMember ✭✭✭✭

@JoseAntonioChavezVerdin said:

Thanks a lot for the suggestion, the probe as you tell me, but it still does not work when I generate the APK, but when I run the app in debug mode it works fine. :(

Try this link
    https://developer.xamarin.com/guides/android/deployment,testing,_and_metrics/publishing_an_application/part_1-_preparing_an_application_for_release/

and try in release mode

• Not work DarshanJS, make all article and not work en release mode only debugg run fine.

• JoseAntonioChavezVerdinJoseAntonioChavezVerdin USMember ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Hi everyone, I already tried everything that I have recommended and I thank you very much, but still not working, check the sale out and I in the message account that is seen in the image that I attached to this message, look at google but I did not know the answer to that problem. I think that is the problem by which my APK does not work, I think some assembly is not going to the moment of release.

• sorry i mark few post as anwers, really not yet

• daviten74daviten74 Member ✭✭

I have the same problem, try all of the above and it doesn't work ...