mtouch command line: error MT0096: No reference to Xamarin.iOS.dll was found.

FlorianStruckFlorianStruck USMember ✭✭

If I execute this command in the msbuild directory where the exe has been placed:
mtouch blabla.app blabla.exe --sdk=13.1 --sdkroot /Applications/Xcode.app

I get the following output:
Xamarin.iOS 13.4.0.2 (xcode11.1): e37549bc) using framework: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator13.1.sdk error MT0096: No reference to Xamarin.iOS.dll was found.

Any idea how I can make that work? I couldn't find anything helpful using Google.

Answers

• LandLuLandLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

If you consumed the command below:

mtouch --sdkroot /Applications/Xcode.app -launchsim blabla.app

Will it be deployed on the simulator?
    It seems your XCode lacks the corresponding iOS SDK. What's the version of your XCode and Xamarin.iOS?

• FlorianStruckFlorianStruck USMember ✭✭

Hi LandLu, thanks for your answer.

mtouch --sdkroot /Applications/Xcode.app -launchsim blabla.app
    gives me an
    error MT1212: Failed to create a simulator where type = iPhone 4s (com.apple.CoreSimulator.SimDeviceType.iPhone-4s) and runtime = iOS 13.1 (13.1 - 17A844) - com.apple.CoreSimulator.SimRuntime.iOS-13-1.

But this works and will correctly be deployed to the simulator:
    mtouch --sdkroot /Applications/Xcode.app -launchsim blabla.app --device=":v2:runtime=com.apple.CoreSimulator.SimRuntime.iOS-13-1,devicetype=com.apple.CoreSimulator.SimDeviceType.iPad--6th-generation-"

I use XCode 11.1, Xamarin.iOS 13.4.0.2, VS 8.3.4

• LandLuLandLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

This is because you are trying to deploy your iOS 13 application on an iPhone 4s.
    iPhone 4s is no longer supported by iOS 13. And this is a very old type device I don't think we need to test this device.