Can't enable D8: Missing class: com.android.internal.util.Predicate

Hi!
I was in need of enabling R8 in our project in order to use a video component that requires Java 8, but can't because we get the following error at compile-time:
R8: Compilation can't be completed because some library classes are missing.
There's a warning that says:
Missing class: com.android.internal.util.Predicate
that, from what understand, must be the cause of the issue. Thing is, when I google it, all I learn is that that class is… deprecated, or something?

Any help or tip would be deeply appreciated.
Thank you!

Answers

• LeonLuLeonLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

First of all, you change try to switch the R8 to D8

Then add <uses-library android:name="org.apache.http.legacy" android:required="false" /> in your AndroidManifest.xml If this issue is disappear?

If you still get the same question, Did you enabled the proguard, please add the following lines to your proguard.cfg

-keep class com.android.internal.util.Predicate

• Atharos1Atharos1 Member ✭✭
    edited October 18

The problen is with D8, not R8, I mispelled it. There is no code reduction going on, so no Proguard or anything weird just yet.
    I did as instructed, placing inside the Application tag in the manifest, but the error persists. Still complains about missing com.android.internal.util.Predicate D:

I'm getting kind of desperate, I really don't know how to proceed. Google revealed nothing (that's a new one), so if anyone can send me on the right direction, I would really appreciate it.

EDIT: disabling Multidex seems to let me run the app with D8 enabled, but this isn't a long term solution as I need to assume I will hit the Dex limit eventually. I hope this info is useful.

Thanks por the quick response!