VS Mac 2019 removed uncommitted files any restore possible?

batmacibatmaci DEMember ✭✭✭✭✭

Vs 4 Mac is a total joke for serious work if you intend to. Especially that Git integration. I wonder if nobody in Microsoft/xamarin isn't disturbed with such a lame Git integration.
Today I was renaming a folder in the solution and Vs4mac crashed, when I reopened the project, my 2 days of work was gone. uncommitted files were removed and most of my other classes/files were deleted as well. I try to revert those deleted files which weren't supposed to be deleted but it doesnt work.
Now for me looks like only way to have healthy branch is to remove this feature branch and start over from master. Luckily I started a new feature branch if this was happening on master branch, it would be total drama.
Before I switch and remove this feature branch, my question is is there anywhere/ anyway that I can restore those files? any VS cache folder? I checked they aren't in the trash.
PS; I will never do again any coding on VS4Mac but only IOS debugging. this is really crazy. I googled around and saw that dozens of similar reports without any solution, simply closed. I wonder why are we reporting Vs problems if VS team doesnt find a solution.

Answers

• JohnHJohnH GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

I hear your pain, but if you can believe it the git integration in Vs4Mac is actually better than it used to be!! So they had recently invested time to improve it, but didn't deem it worthy of bringing it up to VS4Win standards, totally crazy.

Regarding your lost changes, have you viewed the history of the local repo from within VS4Mac? Just in case those changes are there but not yet pushed etc.

• batmacibatmaci DEMember ✭✭✭✭✭

I am on latest prerelease version which they claim to have a improvements but I dont see any of them. it is still buggy. I could do using git command anything which I couldn't achieve with vs Mac. especially reverting and switching branches are pain. I dont mind that it has problems but I mind if they cause me to lose changes. this is dramatic and makes me really furious. It is a waste of time. I checked everywhere history, stashes etc. nowhere I can find my changes. I had to start over doing it all on vs windows. And I am afraid to do it again on VS 4 Mac.