15.6.2 needs rebuild every time

batmacibatmaci DEMember ✭✭✭✭✭

I have upgraded to this version and every time i make a change in xaml of forms project and start debugging in Android, my VS2017 doesnt take the changes, I still see the old xaml before change. If I clean obj folder and rebuild in Android, I am seeing changes. I didnt have this problem before this update. It started after 15.6.1 update and 15.6.2 has it also.

Answers

• SergioZgzSergioZgz ESMember ✭✭

I have the same problem...

Any workaround or fix?

• batmacibatmaci DEMember ✭✭✭✭✭

i still didnt find and it is getting on my nerves. are you using community, enterprise or professional? did you try a new install?

• ysmoradiysmoradi Member

I've this problem too. This is somehow related to VS2017.6 Because I've not this problem on latest version of vs for mac.
    I've installed clean versions of visual studio for windows and mac

where can we report this better? It is really super annoying.

• BrendanZagaeskiBrendanZagaeski USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

As a cross-reference, this sounds potentially related to the following Visual Studio Developer Community item that affects various .NET project types. There is a candidate fix for that issue in Visual Studio 2017 version 15.6.3.

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/problem/211085/vs-2017-156-does-not-honor-dependencies-from-proje.html

• NunoMendes.4545NunoMendes.4545 PTMember

VS 2017 version 15.9.11 and the problem still exists...

• SeanThomas.5523SeanThomas.5523 USMember ✭✭

I didn't have this problem in VS 2017. I have it now though ever since I installed VS 2019 for mac.

Vs mac has by default restore nugetpackages every time. Could it be the issue? My vs mac builds are faster than vs windows on 2019
  • UnreachableCodeUnreachableCode USMember ✭✭✭

I'm facing this problem now on VS 8.3.4 for Mac. Is there a fix or workaround? Or maybe I could explicitly add clean and rebuild as a step before the project is run some where?

• BillManousos.5720BillManousos.5720 AUMember ✭✭

After doing some experiments i found the only thing that worked for visual studio for mac is to manually save all your files before running the project.

the build function does save the files, but the changes dont go into the next build only the build after.

if you click file save all, then run it works.

i got no idea, maybe this helps someone work out a better work around.