SQLite database doesn't show up within data/data/appname in the Android Device Monitor

MalaganMalagan ✭✭Member ✭✭

Good morning/evening/whatever time it is wherever you are.

I have browse those forums and stackoverflow's looking for the anwser, no luck so far.

I found the ADM, change the authorization via the console, access the data/data/appname and found folders named "files", "caches", etc... but no "database".

My app use databases, thought. I read tutos on microsoft website, it works, the app can access data saved, the dbs are there but they don't show up in the Android Device Monitor.

Is there something codewise or in the Monitor I need to do to access them ?

Thanks !

Answers

• LeonLuLeonLu Xamurai Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Yes, I found this issue as well in the DDMS from the Visual studio.I cannot open the "data" folder.

But here is a workaround, you can install Android Studio, Open the Device File Explorer for the emulator like this screenshot.

• MalaganMalagan ✭✭ Member ✭✭

That's an authorization issue, not a bug. Run the console in Android adb console (in Tools -> Android), use "adb root", i believe and tadaa.

Ok, thanks for your sharing, Please mark your reply as anwer. It will help others who have similar issue.

• MalaganMalagan ✭✭ Member ✭✭

I'd much rather mark the anwser to my question if it ever comes as answer considering it's another issue alltogether.

Have a nice day.

Yes, I am agree with your View.