net: err_cache_miss using xamarin android emulator

edcal2edcal2 ✭✭✭Member ✭✭✭

When I use the Android emulator I get error message: net: err_cache_miss. I can access the website when I signon without the emulator. Any help would be appreciated.

Best Answer

• edcal2edcal2 ✭✭✭ ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

OK, its work now. In VS2019 when you click properties there are no folders. You must right click properties and click either NEW SOLUTION EXPLORER VIEW OR OPEN FOLDER IN FILE EXPLORER in order to see the two folders. Thanks again for all the help. This was killing me. Thanks again.

Answers

• LandLuLandLu Xamurai Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Did you forget to add the permission of accessing the internet?
    Add it in your AndroidManifest.xml:

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET"/>

Refer to these threads which seem to talk about the same issue:
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/30637654/android-webview-gives-neterr-cache-miss-message
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/32708440/loadurl-in-android-webview-fails-with-neterr-cache-miss

• edcal2edcal2 ✭✭✭ Member ✭✭✭

I am using vs2019. I get into properties but do not see how to include this code. Please give instructions on how to insert this code in androidminfest.xml.

You could find the AndroidManifest.xml in the properties:

Then add the code in it directly:

I do not have a androidmandfest.xml or a assembliinfocs. under properies. How do I create these. I am using VS 2019.

AndroidManifest.xml and AssemblyInfo.cs should be included no matter which VS you are using.
    AndroidManifest configures your app's settings including the package name, build version and permissions.
    Please check the environment of your VS.

How do I check the envioronment of my VS and what do I look for? I am sorry but this is my first time with Android.

I check other application in my system and I can not find either manifest or assembly. I a probably not looking in the right place. under properties when I click it what should I see? Should I Right or Left click properties. I see nothing.

OK, it is obvious I do not know how to find these two objects. How do I find AndroidManifestxml an AssemblyInfo.cs. They are not I properties when I click it. But I attempted to create a AssemblyInfo.cs and it told me it already exists. Where and how do I find these two. Please help.

Accepted Answer

OK, its work now. In VS2019 when you click properties there are no folders. You must right click properties and click either NEW SOLUTION EXPLORER VIEW OR OPEN FOLDER IN FILE EXPLORER in order to see the two folders. Thanks again for all the help. This was killing me. Thanks again.