IOS ITMS-90809: Deprecated API Usage UIWebView

Mr.PearceMr.Pearce ✭✭DEMember ✭✭

After i Uploaded my App today to Apple i got the following Mail.

We identified one or more issues with a recent delivery for your app, "app" 1 . Your delivery was successful, but you may wish to correct the following issues in your next delivery:

ITMS-90809: Deprecated API Usage - Apple will stop accepting submissions of apps that use UIWebView APIs See https://developer.apple.com/documentation/uikit/uiwebview for more information.

I am not using "UIWebView" anywhere in my app so its probably one of the 3rd party nugets or xamarin.ios itself?
Does anyone has the same issue?

I am just tested it on vs 2019 with following nugets in my ios project:

Acr.UserDialogs 7.0.4
HockeySDK.Xamarin 5.2.0
MvvmLightLibsStd10 5.4.1.1
Newtonsoft.Json 12.0.2
Plugin.Permissions 3.0.0.12
Rg.Plugins.Popup 1.1.5.188
Xam.Plugin.DeviceInfo 4.1.1
Xam.Plugin.Iconize 3.5.0.129
Xam.Plugin.Iconize.FontAwesome 3.5.0.129
Xam.Plugin.Iconize.Ionicons 3.5.0.129
Xam.Plugin.Iconize.Material 3.5.0.129
Xam.Plugins.Settings 3.1.1
Xamarin.Forms 4.2.0.709249
Xamarin.Forms.InputKit 3.0.12
ZXing.Net.Mobile 2.3.2
ZXing.Net.Mobile.Forms 2.3.2

Answers

• CameronCameron ✭✭ USMember ✭✭

Same here, the UIWebViewRenderer implements UIWebView, so it's in the base Xamarin.Forms package. You can switch to the newer WkWebView with this line in your assembly file, but I still got the deprecated email even with this.

[assembly: ExportRenderer(typeof(WebView), typeof(Xamarin.Forms.Platform.iOS.WkWebViewRenderer))]

• abailieabailie Member

I just sent my app to App Store Connect for the first time yesterday and got this warning e-mail. I added the ExportRenderer line to the AssemblyInfo.cs file and resubmitted this morning, but I just got the same warning e-mail.

• PetiPeti ✭✭ Member ✭✭

I'm getting this warning too, we're also not using the WebView control. Would love to know how we can stop this warning. I'm using Xamarin.Forms 3.6.0.539721

• CameronCameron ✭✭ USMember ✭✭

Here's an issue to follow. We can look forward to this being fixed sometime in 2020....

https://github.com/xamarin/Xamarin.Forms/issues/7323

• PetiPeti ✭✭ Member ✭✭

Thanks, I've been posting on there too.

• enroubenroub ✭✭ USMember ✭✭

Do you guys have any solution to this already? Same happened when we submitted an app on app store.