Issue on Xamarin Essentials nuget package.

shivendrama10shivendrama10 ✭✭Member ✭✭

Hi I want to use Xamarin Essentials nuget package but after installation when I build my app give some error.
Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error The "FilterAssemblies" task failed unexpectedly.
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Work\myApp\myApp\myApp\bin\Debug\netstandard2.0\myApp.dll'.
File name: 'C:\Work\myApp\myApp\myApp\bin\Debug\netstandard2.0\myApp.dll'
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at Xamarin.Android.Tasks.FilterAssemblies.Execute()
at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskExecutionHost.Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.ITaskExecutionHost.Execute()
at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskBuilder.d__26.MoveNext() myApp.Android

Answers

• AlessandroCaliaroAlessandroCaliaro ✭✭✭✭✭ ITMember ✭✭✭✭✭

you can try to delete all obj and bin directories

• JarvanJarvan Xamurai Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Someone has faced the issue, updating Forms solved the problem. Try to update the version of Xamarin.Forms to 4.2.

https://github.com/xamarin/xamarin-android/issues/3423

• batmacibatmaci ✭✭✭✭✭ DEMember ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are reading it wrong. He says that it happened with 4.2 and this error is related to latest vs 2019 windows update and latest xamarin.android version. It even occurs for a default project template when you build using aot in release. It has nothing to do with any nuget package. I can build it fine on vs mac 2019
  • shivendrama10shivendrama10 ✭✭ Member ✭✭

My Project running but when install Xamarin Essentials nuget package then gives error Other wise working fine.
    I want to check internet Connectivity when my app start so I want to use Xamarin Essentials. and after installation it gives error.

Have you installed Xamarin.Essentails package in both Forms and platform projects?

• shivendrama10shivendrama10 ✭✭ Member ✭✭

Yes I Have install using nuget package and install myApp,myApp.Android and myApp.iOS

Would you mind sharing a basic demo to reproduce the issue? It'll help to get a solution.

• suraj007suraj007 ✭✭✭ Member ✭✭✭

Change your project file path c folder to another and delete all obj and bin directories.